Revolver Model 15 is a six-shot double-action revolver, with adjustable open sights, built on the medium-size "K" frame. It is chambered for the .38 Special cartridge and is fitted with a 4-inch (100 mm) barrel, though additional barrel options have been offered at various times during its production.
- Caliber: .38 S&W Special
- Capacity: 6
- Barrel: 4” (standard configuration)
- Length overall: 9 1/8” With 4” barrel
- Weight loaded: 34 oz. With 4” barrel
- Sights: Front – 1/8” Baughman Quick Draw on plain ramp. Rear: S&W Micrometer Click Sight, adjustable for windage and elevation.
- Frame: square butt with grooved tangs
- Stocks: checked walnut service with S&W monograms
- Finish: S&W blued carbon steel with sandblasting and serrations around sighting area to break up light reflections
- Trigger: S&W grooving with adjustable trigger stop
- Ammunition: .38 S&W Special, .38 S&W Special Mid Range, .38 + p